The MOMS group is a 10 week group program for mothers who are experiencing postpartum depression and/or anxiety. This group is designed for women who are noting the signs and symptoms of distress that go beyond the short-term “baby blues” that many women experience after birth.
Common symptoms of this level of distress may include:
- A persistent feeling of sadness or anxiety
- Excessive crying or worrying
- Disrupted sleep and concentration
- Constant fatigue
- Feelings of hopelessness or failure
- Restlessness or irritability
- Difficulty connecting with the baby
- Fear of harming the baby
In supporting women through this period, the MOMS group offers:
- An opportunity to share with other women experiencing similar challenges.
- Information on postpartum depression and anxiety
- Helpful suggestions and ideas for coping
- Information and support for fathers and partners
- Information about other community resources
The MOMS group is offered on site at: Family Services à la famille Ottawa, 312 Parkdale Avenue.
The next group will begin in the Fall of 2012. Please contact our Intake Worker at 613-725-3601 ext 117 for more information.
There is no fee for this group. Family Services à la famille Ottawa also offers individual, couple, and family counselling services.
This group is funded by the City of Ottawa.