The MOMS group is a 10 week group program for mothers who are experiencing postpartum depression and/or anxiety. This group is designed for women who are noting the signs and symptoms of distress that go beyond the short-term “baby blues” that many women experience after birth.
Common Symptoms of this level of distress may include:
A persistent feeling of sadness or anxiety
- Excessive crying or worrying
- Disrupted sleep and concentration
- Constant fatigue
- Feelings of hopelessness or failure
- Restlessness or irritability
- Fear of harming the baby
In supporting women through this period, the MOMS group offers:
- An opportunity to share with other women experiencing similar challenges
- Information on postpartum depression and anxiety
- Helpful suggestions and ideas for coping
- Information and support for fathers and partners
- Information about other community resources
When: Wednesday from 1:00-3:00 pm (Starting in April, 2014. Start date to be determined.)
Where: The MOMS group is offered on site at Family Services Ottawa, 312 Parkdale Avenue.
Cost: There is a fee for participants based on a sliding fee scale.
Please contact Melanie at 613-725-3601 ext. 117 for more information.
Family Services also offers individual, couple, and family counselling services.
This group is partially funded by the City of Ottawa.