Gathering Strength is a group for Women 55+ who have experience controlling and/or other abusive behaviour by their partner and/or children.
The group gives women an opportunity to learn from one another in a safe, supportive environment about:
- possible effects of these experiences on mind, body and spirit
- how our responses to this mistreatment can teach us something about what we value and care about in our lives
- the ways in which women have used their own inner wisdom emotionally, mentally, spiritually, physically, and socially to strengthen themselves
- sharing ideas together about how to enhance our connection within ourselves and with others who are supportive
- offering information about other community resources which may be of assistance
Where: Family Services Ottawa, 312 Parkdale Avenue
When: Wednesdays from 2pm – 4pm, April 18th – June 6th, 2012
Please call 613-725-3601 ext. 117 for more information or to register for the group
A pre-group meeting with a group facilitator is necessary to ensure this grup is a good fit.
Diversity of all kinds is respected and celebrated