Do you use the bus? OC Transpo is making changes this summer that will likely affect you. In July, they are introducing the new Presto Card for transit users. This re-loadable plastic card will replace monthly bus passes. At Family Services Ottawa, we are concerned that the change may have a significant impact on low income and disabled customers.
- The Presto pass is re-loadable with a debit or credit card, online or over the phone.
- There will be 7 locations across the city where riders can re-load the card without debit or credit cards, or computer access
- Presto Cards must be loaded with a $10.00 minimum amount each time
- The cost of bus tickets is going up 15% on July 1
- On July 1, a Presto bus fare will be $2.65, a cash fare will be $3.30 and a bus ticket fare will be $3.00 ($4.50 for express)
- The future of bus tickets and cash fares is uncertain
- Presto cards cannot be used on Para-Transpo
Please join us for a free meeting with Sharon Thompson, from OC Transpo on Thursday May 31 from 10 – 11:30 at 312 Parkdale Avenue. Sharon will answer questions following her presentation about the Presto Card.