An 8 week group for Women 55+ who have experienced controlling and/or other abusive behaviour by their partner and /or children.
Gathering Strength gives women an opportunity to learn from one another in a safe, supportive environment about:
- possible effects of these experiences on mind, body and spirit
- how our responses to this mistreatment can teach us something about what we value and care about in our lives
- the ways in which women have used their own inner wisdom emotionally, mentally, spiritually, physically, and socially to strengthen themselves
- sharing ideas together about how to enhance our connection within ourselves and with others who are supportive
- offering informationa bout other community resources which may be of assistance
Where: Family Services Ottawa, 312 Parkdale Avenue
When: Wednesdays starting April 10, 2013 – 2pm to 4pm
A pre-group meeting with the group facilitator is necessary to ensure this group is a good fit at this time. Please make and appointment as soon as possible by calling 613-725-3601 ext.117 .
We look forward to meeting with you.
Diversity is respected and celebrated.