for children and their mothers who have experienced storms of violence and hardship in their lives.
These workshops will help children and their mothers:
- To recognize and build on their unique personal strengths, culture, skills and history through the use of the image of the tree of life
- To talk about their experiences and build greater awareness of their safety and coping skills
- To create opportunities for positive connection and shared understanding among participants
Where: Carlington Community Health Centre, 900 Merivale Road, Ottawa
When: Run in a series of three hour workshops
- February 29th, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- March 7th, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- March 22nd, 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm (Celebration)
Cost: This series of workshops is Free. Money is available to assist with childcare and transportation costs.
For more information please contact: Family Services Ottawa and ask for Anti-Violence Children Program and/or Adriana Oatu 613-725-3601 ext. 130 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org