A support group for women experiencing postpartum depression/anxiety.
Beyond the Baby Blues is a 10 week group program for mothers who are experiencing postpartum depression and/or anxiety. This group is designed for women who are noting the signs and symptoms of distress that go beyond the short-term “baby blues” that many women experience after birth.
Common symptoms of this level of distress may include:
- A persistent feeling of sadness or of anxiety
- Excessive crying or worrying
- Disrupted sleep and concentration
- Constant fatigue
- Feelings of hopelessness or failure
- Restlessness or irritability
- Difficulty connecting with the baby
- Fear of harming the baby
In supporting women through this period, Beyond the Baby Blues group offers:
- An opportunity to share with other women experiencing similar challenges.
- Information on postpartum depression and anxiety
- Helpful suggestions and ideas for coping
- Information and support for fathers and partners
- Information about other community resources
Where: Family Services Ottawa 312 Parkdale Ave
When: Starting January 21st, 2020. Individual counselling is also offered in English.
Please contact the program coordinator at 613-725-3601 ext. 108 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for information and registration.
There is a fee for this group based on a sliding fee scale.