- Artistic Resilience: Live Music & Art Sale
June 20, 2019
6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Enjoy live music, seeing new artworks and supporting a good cause?
Come hear local musicians, Tara Holloway and Kristine St.-Pierre perform at on June 20, 2019 at 6:30 pm at the Orange Art Gallery to ensure the continuation of Family Services Ottawa’s (FSO) art as therapy and Art Studio programs.
The Art Studio provides a safe space for local artists with mental health challenges to create their artworks; ensuring they have professional art supplies, instruction, workshops, transportation, studio space and assistance with framing and exhibiting. What artists have said about the studio:
- “Because of the Studio I haven’t been in the hospital.”
- “I have become myself again, because I am creative every day. I am at my best when I do my art . It keeps me grounded and keeps me well. It takes Concentration, Dedication, and motivation.”
- “I come to meet people. It is helpful to see other artists and their work. Art is important part of my life.”
- “The Art Studio gives me somewhere to come, to meet people, get out of the house and paint.”
During the evening, you will also have the opportunity to view and purchase artworks donated by FSO’s clients, Art Studio participants and art donated by professional artists living in Ottawa.
Tickets are $45.00 and may be purchased at the door or at: www.familyservicesottawa.org. All proceeds will go directly to Family Services Ottawa and it’s art as therapy and Art Studio programs.
Where: Orange Art Gallery, 290 City Centre, Ottawa; contact (613) 761-1500
When: 6:30 to 10 pm on June 20, 2019
What: Live Music and Art Sale with light bites, a cash bar and a raffle!
Who: Please contact Siobhan Arnott at Siobhan.email@example.com if you have any questions.