Beyond the Baby Blues
We understand how important it is for you to connect with other moms who know how you are feeling. Our Beyond the Baby Blues post partum depression group is being offered via video conference. Please contact email@example.com 613-725-3601 ext. 108 to learn how we can help support you.
The next Beyond the Baby Blues will be offered Wednesday February 3, 2021 to March 24, 2021 from 10 am to 12 pm.
Postpartum Distress, Depression and/or Anxiety
With the arrival or adoption of a new baby, most women hope they will adjust easily. They expect to be tired but overall feel good about themselves and the new addition to their families. However, for about 1 in 5 women, the life and personal changes can be quite distressing. Could it be postpartum distress, depression and/or anxiety? Read more…
Symptoms of this level of distress may include:
- Extreme fatigue
- Excessive crying or worrying
- Intense and overwhelming feelings
- Feeling sad, lonely, hopeless
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering or making decisions
- Difficulty connecting with your baby
- Anxiety symptoms and possible panic attacks
- Racing or concerning thoughts
- Difficulty in postpartum adjustment
- Feeling that something is not right
You may benefit from attending our Beyond the Baby Blues Program. Asking for support takes courage and is definitely not easy, but remember this is often the most important step in your recovery.
Postpartum Therapy Support Group
Beyond the Baby Blues is an 8 week group program for mothers who are experiencing postpartum depression and/or postpartum anxiety. This group is designed for women who are noting the signs and symptoms of distress that go beyond the short-term “baby blues” that many women experience after birth.
The Beyond the Baby Blues Program offers:
- Trained Mental Health Counsellors
- An opportunity to share with other women experiencing similar challenges
- Discuss postpartum distress, depression, and/or anxiety symptoms
- Explore impact on self and family
- Learn and practice tools for coping and recovery
- Information and support for fathers and partners
When: Please contact our Coordinator at 613-725-3601 ext. 108
Where: Family Services Ottawa, 312 Parkdale Avenue
Counselling Support Services
We also offer:
- Support and assessment during perinatal period (including pregnancy and postpartum) and referral to community partners
- Parenting information, parenting groups and referrals to community resources
- Individual, couple and family counselling services
Support and Resources for Partners and Supporters
Please contact our Coordinator at 613-725-3601 ext. 108 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Feedback from Beyond the Baby Blues Participants
“I really liked the balance between sharing, support and counselling”.
“It took many more months for the PPD to finally clear, but the experiences and tools that I gained from the group made it possible for me to work through my sad times, my angry times and my times of despair by focusing on what it was that led up to that moment and how to recognize it in the future.”
“I quickly realized that I was in a safe, comfortable and understanding environment of non-judgmental mothers who understood me
and who wanted me to become healthy as much as I did and as much as I wished for them.”
“It was great to having some “me “ time again and get support from other moms having a difficult time too. It was really validating and positive.”
Asking for support takes courage and is definitely not easy, but remember this is often the most important step in your recovery.